29/5/07 Katie Piper- 1 Day to Give Up Smoking
Well I never thought I’d see this day. The day when me and you are finally thru!
We’ve been through a lot, you’ve been there to calm me down when I’m stressed, put me at ease when I’m nervous and you defiantly are the perfect company when having a glass of wine.
But sadly my friend our time is up, now ever the optimist, I am looking forward to:
* Fresher breath (and hopefully an improved love life)
* Nails that aren’t always sporting that yellow ‘Nan’ manicure effect.
* Climbing the stairs without feeling suffocated!
Hey I’m nearly convincing myself this is a good thing! So Mr. Marlboro Light it is with haste I say goodbye to you. Now I’ve got to admit this whole experiment is giving me the jitters, for years I’ve been boasting, telling friends I’m not addicted, I’m a social smoker, can quit whenever I want, then the bombshell dropped, my dear friend Perry Stevens asks me to quit! I get that feeling of dread from top to toe, smile sweetly and say ‘sure no probs’, but racing thru my mind is ‘oh my god, I can’t do this’, does this mean I really am an addict? My worst fears confirmed!
The word addicted makes my mind work over time conjuring up all sorts of imagery, will I be sniffing people out in the street offering 50 pence for a drag on their cigarette, will I suffer withdrawal, good god even the shakes! How un-desirable!
I’m hoping I will come out of this unscathed and be able to join that elite set of folk that is the ‘non smokers’, fellow smokers we all know who those elites are, the ones who look down their nose at you in a restaurant as they sip on their anti- chemical/anti-death green tea, the sparkly pleasant scented sort who shun you in bars as you spark up with the complimentary matches (you know the ones that always snap!)
So look out for me in a bar near you soon, ill be the one sat in the corner chewing my nails and gum whilst peeling the label off my beer bottle! Wish me luck my friends!
Do you need help to stop smoking? Click here for more information about quit smoking today!
- Cigarettes And The Healthy Death Rate Amongst Brazilian tobacco farmers, suicide rates are seven times higher...
- Easyway Stop Smoking With Allen Carr Allen Carr was a life long smoker and now famous...
- “The Enlightened You,” Prayer: Faith or Control? Dear Vedam, I was the speaker at several meetings over the weekend and I said...
- Sunday Money Madness - Can you buy an entire chess set in a pawn-shop? Just another Sunday roundup here at RCDL. Here's what I found interesting around the blogosphere...